Monday, July 7, 2008

Terrific Tampa


They once were associated with garbage and losing but now they are synonymous with winning and triumph. It seems with new colors and a new name, the once Devil Rays, now just Rays, have gone from bottom feeders of the AL East to first place and 5 games up on the Red Sox, Rays.

Today on Monday, July 7th the Rays are 55-32, currently wearing the crown of all the teams in the league as for the first time in their brief history, they are the kings of baseball.

Currently on a 7 game winning streak with their latest W coming at the hands of the Royals, 9-2, it seems like now-a-days if the Rays lose, that's the new surprise. With a young phenom in Evan Longoria who is a rookie and a potential All Star already, and finally a rotation that's worth mentioning, this team is for real.

I have said it all along, with all their young hitting all they needed was some pitching, and well this year it all came together. Scott Kazmir, James Shields, Matt Garza, Andy Sonnanstine, and Edwin Jackson make up the 5 stepping stones to the success of the Rays who are currently shining brighter than the sun in their logo.

Could the Rays be the team that catapults from bottom of the food chain to World Series Champs? Only time will tell, and if they are as for real as we have already seen, then this 2nd half of the season will be no different. Another 40-50 wins and you are looking at the Rays as a 100+ win team and front runner to be the outright kings of baseball.

5 comments:

Mr. Neva Dedd said...

Why are you wasting your time on this blog when you should be writing for the New York Times? You are the best! I just found your blogs but am already a huge David Berov fan! Where can I find more of your work?

Mr. Neva Dedd said...

Just another question though, how come you haven't covered the July 4 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at Coney Island? CHESTNUT ROCKS!

David Berov said...

Hey im glad you enjoy my writing as i love writing it. I am currently in college going into my 3rd year. My focus is on Radio right now and am writing to keep myself sharp as i also write for the paper. I cover basketball and baseball for my college and love it. If you would like to speak with me contact me at david.berov06@stjohns.edu

Mr. Neva Dedd said...

Do you have a radio program I might be able to check out?

David Berov said...

unfortunately right now it is only heard on campus plus classes are over, but i did recieve word that we will be broadcasting online for all to hear through the radios website. If you give me your email address i will keep u posted