Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Football Hall Of Famer's Today


This weekend was the induction of some more football legends into Canton as some more faces crowd the hallowed corridors known as the Professional Football Hall Of Fame. At the ceremonies one comment struck me the wrong way and I felt the need to address it. Darrell Green's son, Jared who introduced his father said "My father and I were discussing todays players and who would end up in the Hall Of Fame, and we only came up with 2." 2!?!? sorry young fella but you are way off.

Just off the top of my head this is the list so far, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, LaDanian Tomlinson, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Marvin Harrison, Jonathan Ogden, Steve Hutchinson and I'm sure there are more.

Now the reason I feel this kid said 2 was just to give his dad some sort of credit but the fact that he completely discredited so many players playing today is wrong. And I would love to know what 2 players he thought were deserving. And why for that matter the rest of these guys I mentioned are not so fortunate.

Now that I think of it, I will list some more people that are not locks, but have a good shot of making the HOF.

Steve McNair, Tony Gonzalez, Adam Vinatieri, Morten Andersen, Jeff Feagles, Derrick Brooks
Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Hines Ward, Kurt Warner, Fred Taylor.

The NFL contains the best talent out there and the potential for greatness is reached in the National Football League. So with that said there are way more than 2 HOF'ers playing the game today, Darrell Green's son was slightly off.

No comments: