Monday, October 6, 2008

Mets and Yankees Are Ready For C.C


Interesting article here published in the New York Post on C.C Sabathia and his relation to being a free agent this offseason. He will be a very rich man come next April and he will probably be in a new city. Check this out...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By: Brian Costello

MILWAUKEE - CC Sabathia smiled when told MetsNew York Mets fans are dreaming of a starting rotation that begins with him and Johan SantanaJohan Santana .

"That sounds good," the premier free agent pitcher of this winter told The Post.

The 28-year-old's season came to a close yesterday when the Brewers lost to the Phillies, 6-2 in Game 4 of the NLDS. He never got the chance to pitch Game 5, instead his final appearance of 2008 coming as a pinch hitter (he struck out).

Now he embarks on the free agency trail, where he probably will fetch around $150 million. Both the Mets and YankeesNew York Yankees are expected to be players in the Sabathia sweepstakes, but the big left-hander sounds lukewarm about leaving his native California for the East Coast.

"I like it there," he said of New York, "but we'll have to see what direction the teams are going and would my family be uncomfortable being on a whole other coast? We'll have to see."

Sabathia's wife Amber is due to give birth on Friday, so he said he probably will wait a few weeks before talking with agent Greg Genske about the plan for this winter. He does know he doesn't want the decision to take all winter.

"I want to get it done pretty quick," Sabathia said. "I try to be as stress free as possible. All that is is stress having it drag on all winter. We'll see what happens."

Sabathia said don't expect him to do one of those whirlwind free agency tours.

"I can guarantee you I won't be flying around, going to different cities," he said. "I've pretty much been to every city in the league. I've got a lot of friends around the league. They're going to have to come to me. I won't be spending my offseason flying around to different cities."

The Brewers acquired Sabathia in July from the Indians. Yesterday, Sabathia spoke glowingly of his time in Milwaukee, but the Brewers are not expected to have the cash to keep him.

He went 11-2 for Milwaukee and pitched four times on three days' rest at the end of the season. Sabathia said the heavy workload has not adversely affected him.

"I feel fine," he said. "I feel real good actually. I thought I'd be a lot more sore than I am actually. I feel real good. I really had no problems doing what needed to be done here down the stretch."

No comments: